After playing around with my StatusNet installation for a few weeks, I have a few suggestions for future releases (some of which I have hand-tweaked in my own installation, some I have not). Nothing is very major.
* In lib/apitauth.php, the "Basic realm" is set as follows: header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="' . $realm . '"'); and $realm is set from the config setting of site/name. It would be good to be able to set this separately as site/realm. The reason is that twitterfeed (and possibly other services) currently only works if the realm is set to "Identi.ca API".
* When geo-location names are displayed and a notice has an "in context" link, the space between the location and "in context" is underlined, so it looks as though the two links are a single link. It would be good to have a space in between.
* When viewing the private message inbox, there is a drop-down box to select the person a new message should be directed to, but it would be good to be able to set this by clicking on some kind of reply-to link next to each of the notices in the inbox.
* There are a few places where pages link to identi.ca rather than the local installation (I'm thinking, for example, of the docs and code for the badge). It would be good to be able to have these refer to the local site. One approach may be to have a script that changes all the appropriate links (of course, some should remain such as in the credits to developers).
* When using the Gravatar plug-in, when you click "Add", it would be good to display the gravatar image first and then have a confirmation step rather than switching to it straight-away (in case your gravatar doesn't quite look the way you remembered).
* Since the creative commons check-box on the registration page is required, it would be good if this was clearer, e.g. by having text like "Agree to terms:".
Just a few thoughts. Love your work guys!