I have got hold of a new, shorter domain name and plan to migrate my existing StatusNet installation to it. My current plan for the migration is follows:
1. Copy all of the files from the old site to the new site.
2. Global search and replace across these files of oldsiteurl with newsiteurl
3. mysqldump the current database
4. Global search and replace in dumped sql file of oldsiteurl with newsiteurl
5. Create new blank database on new site
6. Create db user with same username and password as admin on the old site's db.
7. Load in the dumped sql using mysql commandline
8. Try the new site!
Does this seem reasonable? Are there any traps here? The main issue I have thought of is that remote subscriptions to my new site will not carry across. There shouldn't be too many of these, so I'm not very worried about that.