Wanted to build a social community and after testing Elgg(kinda clumsy), Vanilla(buggy at that time), Livestreet CMS(no admin tools and everithing in russian almost killed me as I dont speak it) plus Oxwall(actual solution), I found Statusnet. After everyone else i think, and badly too because it looks so appealing and clean.
Installed a demo site and since I'm not a developer I have some concerns about proper setting it up and my knowledges:
- This could work on shared hosting(as I intend an upgrade to VPS later )?
- Tried to enable fancy URLs and all site got broken(minus the front page)
- Can't upload attachaments to statuses( Got: "Can't find file command "/usr/bin/file"" is not a supported file type on this server.)
- What "Do not share my location" pushpin button do as I'm clicking It and nothing happens.
- Can I have with this twitter-like "follow-me on ..." and "share to..." buttons for users?
Is there a place to find a less hairy documentation for Statusnet or someone from the community could give me atlast and advice about those? Everithing is appreciated. :)