Unable to install status.net. "Database error: DB Error: unknown error" during installation.
I have uploaded the last stable version of status.net to three different servers, and in all of them I get the same result, this screen:
I haven't been able to finish the installation.
¿Can you help me? Thanks.
Same here, got the same error.
I'm trying to install it fresh, but no luck. Anyone know how to fix this error?
Disabling access to syslog logging sounds like it may be a permissions problem. Are these fresh installations or upgrades?
I'm having a similar issue. It's a fresh install. And when I look at my DB it seems to have created all of the tables but no user. Any help on this?
's solution (which may or may not fit your problem) and then let us know whether it helped.
you can submit a patch here:
The following works around this issue without editing the program source code. UNIX_TIMESTAMP() would appear to meet the description of notice_id within the schema as 'date this record was created':
(1) edit ../db/notice_source.sql to include a value for notice_id and replace ', now()),' with ', now(), UNIX_TIMESTAMP()),'
This SQL file will now read ..
INSERT INTO notice_source
(code, name, url, created, notice_id )
('adium', 'Adium', '
, now(), UNIX_TIMESTAMP()),
(2) you will need to drop all the tables in the database to try again, or you will receive an error that you are creating a duplicate entry. Easy to do using phpmyadmin
(3) re-install (simply F5 / refresh to re-submit the install page)
(4) .. progress to next error
running the command line script .. scripts>php checkschema.php did not correct the DB schema in this area and notice_id is still without a default value.
After this there was a further installation error, but on investigation the server was set up but without the administrator account.
To set up an administrator manually I found I had to run the command line scripts as follows to create user who can log in, then promote them to admin:
...\scripts>php registeruser.php -n johndoe -w mypassword
...\scripts>php userrole.php -n johndoe -r administrator
FYI .. this was a virgin install on Win 2003 SVR R2, Apache 2.2.22, php 5.3.14, MySQL 5.0.88-community-nt
After this the server works, and administrator 'johndoe' could log on and administer it. Within a few minutes I was working to iPhone and iPad apps. The ones I found that worked are as follows, since most Twitter clients (other than tweetings .. as below) do not have a capability to change the API.
(1) Meteoric (which is from the same stable as the excellent and very flexible Tweetings app)
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Powered by Vanilla