Twitterbridge and PEAR DB Errors.

empemp
edited November 2011 in General
Hi!

My problem = I can't get twitterbridge to work at my 1.0.1 install.

This is what and how i did.

I first registered an app at twitter and enabled it in config.php like this

addPlugin(
'TwitterBridge',
array(
'consumer_key' => 'blahblah_key_blahblah',
'consumer_secret' => 'blahbla_secret_blahblablahblah'
)
);

Then made a restart of apache to clear memcached and executed scripts/checkschema.php.

But still I get these errors when trying to start scripts/startdaemons.sh.

example...

[root@myserver /statusnet ]# sh scripts/startdaemons.sh

Starting /statusnet/plugins/TwitterBridge/daemons/synctwitterfriends.php...

Fatal error: Uncaught PEAR_Exception: DB Error: no database selected in unknown on line unknown
DB_Error: DB Error: no database selected in unknown on line unknown
#0 [internal function]: PEAR_ErrorToPEAR_Exception(Object(DB_Error))
#1 /statusnet/extlib/PEAR.php(890): call_user_func('PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', Object(DB_Error))
#2 /statusnet/extlib/DB.php(966): PEAR_Error->PEAR_Error('DB Error: no da...', -14, 16, 'PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', 'SELECT * ? FROM...')
#3 /statusnet/extlib/PEAR.php(531): DB_Error->DB_Error(-14, 16, 'PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', 'SELECT * ? FROM...')
#4 /statusnet/extlib/DB/common.php(1908): PEAR->raiseError(NULL, -14, NULL, NULL, 'SELECT * ? FROM...', 'DB_Error', true)
#5 /statusnet/extlib/DB/mysqli.php(928): DB_common->raiseError(-14, NULL, NULL, NULL, '2006 ** MySQL s...')
#6 /statusnet/extlib/DB/mysqli.php(387): DB_mysqli->mysqliRaiseError(-14)
#7 /statusnet/extlib/DB/common.php(1216): DB_mysqli->simpleQuery('SELECT * ? FROM... in /statusnet/lib/framework.php on line 163
DONE.

Starting /statusnet/plugins/TwitterBridge/daemons/twitterstatusfetcher.php...

Fatal error: Uncaught PEAR_Exception: DB Error: no database selected in unknown on line unknown
DB_Error: DB Error: no database selected in unknown on line unknown
#1 /statusnet/extlib/PEAR.php(890): call_user_func('PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', Object(DB_Error))
#2 /statusnet/extlib/DB.php(966): PEAR_Error->PEAR_Error('DB Error: no da...', -14, 16, 'PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', 'SELECT * ? FROM...')
#3 /statusnet/extlib/PEAR.php(531): DB_Error->DB_Error(-14, 16, 'PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', 'SELECT * ? FROM...')
#4 /statusnet/extlib/DB/common.php(1908): PEAR->raiseError(NULL, -14, NULL, NULL, 'SELECT * ? FROM...', 'DB_Error', true)
#5 /statusnet/extlib/DB/mysqli.php(928): DB_common->raiseError(-14, NULL, NULL, NULL, '2006 ** MySQL s...')
#6 /statusnet/extlib/DB/mysqli.php(387): DB_mysqli->mysqliRaiseError(-14)
#7 /statusnet/extlib/DB/common.php(1216): DB_mysqli->simpleQuery('SELECT * ? FROM... in /statusnet/lib/framework.php on line 163
DONE.

I recently upgraded to statusnet 1.0.1 and my database is a updated version of 0.9.7 db.

As said, I have already tried checkschema.php and upgrade.php.

If anyone knows how to fix this, Please let me know! <3

/emp

Comments

• Hi,

I have the same problem. Any clue ?

fran'
  • Hulloh! I just answered this in another thread: http://forum.status.net/discussion/1689/enabling-twitter-with-1.0.0alpha5-throws-pear-db-errors.

My environment included running the site in php-cgi but running daemons (of course) through php-cli, under later versions of Ubuntu.

The default settings for mysqli.reconnect in /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini was:
    mysqli.reconnect = On
    while the CLI version of PHP had:
    mysqli.reconnect = Off

Setting the PHP5 CLI .ini to have mysqli reconnect enabled fixed the issue of the scripts disconnecting from the database, which I believe may be your problem too!

----
    Also if you have odd vhost paths you should see if you might have the same problem as I did with % and the function 'printf' in startdaemons.sh (I just changed it to echo, or it reported a bunch of jibberish)
  • yeah! mysqli.reconnect = On solved the problem, no more pear db errors. Thanks a lot!
  • I'm getting these (or similar) errors now, and my php.ini, in both /etc/php5/apache2 and /cli have mysqli.reconnect = On

errors look like:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PEAR_Exception: DB Error: already exists in unknown on line unknown
    #1 /var/www/status/extlib/PEAR.php(890): call_user_func('PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', Object(DB_Error))
    #2 /var/www/status/extlib/DB.php(966): PEAR_Error->PEAR_Error('DB Error: alrea...', -5, 16, 'PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', 'INSERT INTO for...')
    #3 /var/www/status/extlib/PEAR.php(531): DB_Error->DB_Error(-5, 16, 'PEAR_ErrorToPEA...', 'INSERT INTO for...')
    #4 /var/www/status/extlib/DB/common.php(1908): PEAR->raiseError(NULL, -5, NULL, NULL, 'INSERT INTO for...', 'DB_Error', true)
    #5 /var/www/status/extlib/DB/mysqli.php(928): DB_common->raiseError(-5, NULL, NULL, NULL, '1062 ** Duplica...')
    #6 /var/www/status/extlib/DB/mysqli.php(402): DB_mysqli->mysqliRaiseError()
    #7 /var/www/status/extlib/DB/common.php(1216): DB_mysqli->simpleQuery('INSERT INTO for...')
    #8 /var/www/status/extlib/DB/DataObject.php(2550): DB_common->query('INSERT INTO for...')
    #9 /var/www/status/classes/Memcached_D in /var/www/status/lib/framework.php on line 172

Today I dumped the db, then ran some experimental mysql queries while writing a script to delete posts older than 3 months (http://tonyb.us/cm to keep db from growing infinitely and conserve storage), and at one point deleted all posts (doh!). Then I restored from the dump, and it is after this that I am seeing these errors.

I have up-to-date code, pulled from gitorious today.
  • I'm still getting these. Anyone?
  • I gave up on the twitter bridge because it threw so many errors that it prevented the daemons from running.
  • It seems to give up and die, randomly, and I go back in an restart it.

Lately it is constantly giving this error:
    PHP Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /var/www/status/plugins/TwitterBridge/twitterimport.php on line 436

line 436 of said file is simply:
    common_log(LOG_WARNING, $id() .

Part of this function:
    417 function saveAvatars($user, $id)
    418 {
    419 global $config;
    421 $path_parts = pathinfo($user->profile_image_url);
    422 $ext = $path_parts['extension'];
    423 $end = strlen('_normal' . $ext);
    424 $img_root = substr($path_parts['basename'], 0, -($end+1));
    425 $mediatype = $this->getMediatype($ext);
    427 foreach (array('mini', 'normal', 'bigger') as $size) {
    428 $url = $path_parts['dirname'] . '/' .
    429 $img_root . '_' . $size . ".$ext";
    430 $filename = 'Twitter_' . $user->id . '_' .
    431 $img_root . "_$size.$ext";
    433 if ($this->fetchAvatar($url, $filename)) {
    434 $this->newAvatar($id, $size, $mediatype, $filename);
    435 } else {
    436 common_log(LOG_WARNING, $id() .
    437 " - Problem fetching Avatar: $url");
    438 }
    439 }
    440 }
  • edited May 2012
    I've started a new thread in here [1] since I thought my issue was unrelated to yours. But I get the same PEAR db errors. PHP 5.4, mysqli_reconnect = On.

The biggest difference between our problems is that you can run scripts/startdaemons.sh and the twitterbridge daemons will get launched, thus throwing the PHP PEAR errors. In my case, scripts/getvaliddaemons.php doesn't print the twitter ones at all.

[1] http://forum.status.net/discussion/2208/cant-get-scriptsgetvaliddaemons-php-to-give-the-twitterbridge-daemons
  • To anyone having these issues on 1.0.1 or above - Add this to your config.php:
    $config['db']['schemacheck'] = 'script';
    With it, all my errors were gone.

Remember to have mysqli_reconnect = On on your php.ini, and to have the proper mysqli:// database address on your config.php.

Good luck!